07 April 2011

Must-Read ManHwa!!

Yo people! I'm back!

I just wanted to post this as a reminder for myself. But, this can also be a sort of an advertisement for you guys ans girls out there who wishes to read an amazingly well-written manhwa.

I just read a manhwa titled Love In The Mask written and illustrated by Han Yu-Rang. It is absolutely the BEST manhwa from Korea in my opinion.

It's story is about a girl, Suh Hyun-Bin who is forced to live her life as a boy from young to survive. Although I don't really agree with her mentality that 'living a sucky (she didn't say sucky, but I can't remember the exact word) life is better than dying free', I think I can understand why she would think that way. After all, she's doing everything she can just to survive and see her friends happy.

The story is so sad. It's just... Sad.. After she falls in love with the first guy she met whose ability was on par with hers, she was forced to pair him up with the girl she was bodyguarding.. Sad, isn't it?

Now, at the around chapter 98, Hyun-Bin has to pretend to be captured by gangsters and live like them for 9 years. Currently only 1 year has passed and she has to put up with beatings almost everyday.. I sympathise with her..

Call me masochistic, but I kind of want to be like her.. Although her life sucked miserably, she stays strong. And that is the trait that made so many people fall in love with her (3.5 guys to be exact, 'cause 1 of them didn't know what he was feeling towards Hyun-Bin, so he's a .5 :P) and want to protect her. Even though most of them didn't know she was a girl, I think they felt that she had a feminine side. And that was just too romantic but sadly theycan't be together because Hyun-Bin has to be a guy in order to survive..

What I like most about her that made me want to be like her is her strength. Both physical and mental strength. She and Bi-Rak are the most admirable characters of this story. They both had miserable pasts where they could only watch as their loved ones die. Now, they have to be heartless in order to survive although now the two of them are like brothers-in-arms. I admire the relationship between the two of them. Just each other's presence alone can make them feel much better when they are experiencing down moments. And Bi-Rak is always teaching Hyun-Bin never to expect that anyone would be there to help her, because in the real gangster world, no one would help and no one would care.

Sad life, sad story. But it's somewhat true, isn't it? Things like these do happen, even if it's not as dramatic as this manhwa..

Thus, my enlightenment from this post is:
I want to become stronger. So strong that I will not lose. No matter what happens, I will not fall because I am the wall that surrounds and protects my palace of friends.

iNsPiRiNg yAnTiiNg

No comments: